Skip to main content

Henry now comes cordless!

So today I was simply watching a few technology vlog-style videos on YouTube and the person I was watching (who's name I won't mention) was in Curry's / PC World and this person was basically looking at everything in there - I don't know why but oh well. At first I actually had my iPad sat next to me on the sofa and I was playing Forza Horizon 3, so not paying much attention, but when I did look over I saw them looking through the household section; specifically vacuum cleaners. This person was looking at the different Henry vacuum cleaners and suddenly I noticed something, one of them looked rather different too the rest, it had a battery compartment and a charger right next to it! And much to my surprise, Henry now comes with a cordless variant!

Image result for henry cordless

I eagerly wanted to know more about this, it wasn't something that I saw Numatic doing soon to the Henry, I have never really had a problem using a Henry with the cord; others I believe have had issues with the cord overheating when it hasn't been fully unwound when being used (something that I would defiantly recommend to everyone). The cord has always been long enough for me and hasn't really caused an issue - which is the same story for most of the corded hoovers that I have ever used.

Having looked into the Henry cordless a bit more, and looked through a few different YouTube videos I believe that the Henry cordless isn't actually as powerful as the regular Henry, a real shame really. I suppose this could be understandable - this is the first cordless Henry. However its not like other vacuum company seems to have had a problem - look at Dyson; for example, they aren't even going to be developing wired cleaners any more.

I know lots of people that love there Henry's and wouldn't dream of having anything else, but similarly I know quite a few people which absolutely hate Henry's and much prefer upright cleaners, with fair reasoning. For example, Henry's use bags (or at least most of them do, don't they?), they often absolutely stink, much worse than many other cleaners of the same sort! I do hope that the Henry cordless would have changed their mind, this is one of the reasons I would like to pick one up to test the theory.

Anyway, I guess time will tell whether people like the Henry cordless or not - I would certainly like to pick one up, but would you get one over a Dyson cordless, for example.

Jack

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is It Time To Ditch Chrome?

So recently I have been using my PC more (unusual for me as I'm a mac person myself, but I decided to give it a go as I had it on my desk) and discovered the sheer amount of resources that Chrome uses up and hogs all too itself. The question which I began to ask too myself was, Why is chrome using all of these resources? And is there an alternative which I could use which would be less intensive yet still provide a useable and pleasant interface and experience. There aren't exactly a huge amount of choices when it comes to browser on Windows (FYI: On mac I use Safari mainly, it does everything I want fast and I can't find too many faults.); I mean what are the options? You've got Edge - just LOL, Firefox - Meh, Chrome - resource intensive and then the final one that I found. Opera. And so far, it ticks all of the boxes. It must be a pain to convert to a new browser after using the same one for years? Nope, In fact its surprisingly easy. Included in the download f...

Sky Q - Why you need it in your life.

Having moved from Virgin Media nearly 18 months ago now, I have had a fair amount of time to make my decision about Sky's brand new TV service - Sky Q. I must admit, our 18 months with the service has not been without fault, but overall I do believe that the money we have spent with Sky has been better spent than with Virgin Media's TiVo service. Why did I move provider in the first place? We were with Virgin Media before moving across to Sky Q, and we were beginning to get very unhappy with the service, the TiVo box was sluggishly slow, the internet not much better. We were left dumped with the first superhub and the first version of the TiVo box. Having had these for a few years they were slow and needed replacing, and we had asked Virgin to replace these many times but they were refusing - claiming that it still worked and therefore why should they send us out the newer services. They eventually agreed that we were in fact eligible to have the newer boxes; but at our e...